Ryan Brown's Curriculum Vitae
Ryan Brown is currently the President and CEO of Base 16 Consulting, Inc., which he co-founded in 2003, and the Principal at his law firm, Ryan A. Brown, PLLC which he
founded in 2007.
To contact Ryan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not
send unsolicited advertisements for products or services.
RYAN ANDREW BROWN
PO BOX 9235, ARLINGTON, VA 22219-1235
My current goals are to continue working with small and medium sized businesses,
as well as start up companies which are working to acquire venture capital,
to provide both technical and legal expertise.
Virginia State Bar, Admitted April 26, 2007.
Supreme Court of Virginia, Admitted June 4, 2007.
Arlington County Bar Association, June, 2007.
Fairfax County Bar Association, June, 2007.
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW,
ARLINGTON, VA (8/2003 - 12/2006)
- Juris Doctorate, Magna Cum Laude, December, 2006
- GPA: 3.56
- Class Rank: Top 10%
- Concentrations in: Small Business Law, Taxation, Intellectual Property, Trusts & Estate Planning
THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY,
BALTIMORE, MD (9/1996 -
- 2002 Masters of Science and Engineering in Computer Science
- 2000 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with departmental and school of Engineering honors, GPA 3.71 / 3.90 in Computer Science
- 2000 Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Dean's List Spring 1997, Fall 1997, Spring 1998, Fall 1998, Spring 1999, Fall 1999, Spring 2000, Spring 2001
- Tau Beta Pi, Inducted Fall 1998
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon, Inducted Spring 2000
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery
LAGUNA BLANCA SCHOOL,
SANTA BARBARA, CA (2/94 - 6/96)
- Graduated Cum Laude, June 1996
- GPA 4.67
- Headmaster's Honor Roll 1994, 1995, 1996
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA,
SANTA BARBARA, CA (Summer '95, '96, '97)
RYAN A. BROWN, PLLC, ARLINGTON, VA (6/2007 - present)
Attorney at Law
- Practice Areas:Start up and Venture Business Law; Small Business Planning;
Computer and Internet Law; Computer Crimes; Tax Planning; Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning.
- Web Site: http://www.rabpllc.com
BASE 16 CONSULTING, INC., ARLINGTON, VA (6/2003 - present)
President & CEO
- I co-founded Base 16 Consulting in 2003 with two of my colleagues from the
Graduate School of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University. Our main
focus is providing custom web based applications and consulting in web,
search engine and information retrieval technologies. Please see
for more information.
ROANOKE TECHNOLOGY CORP, ROANOKE RAPIDS, NC (6/1999 - 6/2003)
Chief Technology Officer
- I began working with David Smith, the CEO and Founder of RTC in 1995, and was hired full time as the Chief Technology Officer in 1999.
- During my tenure, I lead the development of a number of products and services for over 8,000 clients, including:
- RTC is traded on the NASDAQ OTCBB under the symbol RNKE.
TERAGRAM CORPORATION, BOSTON, MA (6/98 - 8/98)
- Program Design & Implementation
- Design & Implementation of Natural Language Systems,
and Information Storage, Retrieval & Gathering Systems.
The project I worked on while employed as an intern at
was PicoSearch. If
you need a search engine for your web site, there is nothing
better or easier.
My duties included the implementation of the first version
of the software, design of original business model and marketing
strategies, and drafting the first version of the patent
(now US Patent# 6,336,116).
CATALINA CONSULTING, SANTA BARBARA, CA (7/93 - present)
President & Systems Consultant
- I founded this business when I was 14. For information on some of my
recent projects, click here.
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, BALTIMORE, MD (9/1997 - 5/2002)
- Intro. to Java (600.107) Fall '97
- Data Structures in Java (600.226) Spring '98
- Database Systems (600.315/600/415) Fall '98, Fall '99, Fall '00, Fall '01
- Information Retrieval, Text Understanding & Web Agents (600.466) Spring '99, Spring '00, Spring '01, Spring '02
AUTOMATED TRANSACTION SERVICES
LOS ANGELES, CA (5/97 - 8/97)
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Technical Support for UNIX
- Design & Implementation of Online Commerce & Security Software
MERCURY MAIL, a division of COMPUVISION, SANTA BARBARA, CA (5/95 - 1/99)
Partner, Technical Coordinator
- Duties: Mercury Mail provides a gateway of Internet e-mail to
the Microsoft Mail & Microsoft Exchange mail platform. We provide
mail service to dozens of businesses in Santa Barbara, California,
eliminating the need for a leased internet line at each site, and
integrating their existing network e-mail systems with the Internet.
CHRIST CHURCH OF ARLINGTON, ARLINGTON, VA (9/2002 - 5/2003)
- I was in charge of teaching English to beginning level students
through the church's English as a Second Language outreach program.
FAITH CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CHURCH, BALTIMORE, MD (1/2001 - 7/2002)
Computer and Network Consulting
- I donated networking equipment, my time, and a DSL line to the Church.
I set up a network in the church office, with plans to extend it to the
Church School in the future.
BALTIMORE RADIO AMATEUR TELEVISION SOCIETY, BALTIMORE, MD (10/96 - present)
Net Control for the Computer Net
- Duties: I run a weekly computer question & answer 'net' on the
local repeater, an also help with community service events from time
JHU AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (WA3EPT), BALTIMORE, MD (10/96 - present)
Secretary & Treasurer, Co-Founder
- My friend Ben Kram (KC2CIB) and I re-started the JHU Amateur
Radio Club. We are working on helping new people get involved in
Amateur Radio, working on some
innovative projects like wireless digital communications, and getting
ready to help with emergency communications in the event of a natural
COASTAL CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, SANTA BARBARA, CA (8/95 - 8/96)
Monthly Newsletter Publisher
- Duties: Graphic design, layout & printing of the monthly
THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, BALTIMORE, MD (2/95 - present)
- Blue Key Society (2/97 - 5/2000)
- sponsored by the Office of Admissions
- responsible for campus tours and information sessions
- Admissions Representative Program (9/99 - 5/2000)
- sponsored by the Office of Admissions
- responsible for on-campus interviews of prospective students, participation in student panels during Admissions events
- Legal expertise in small business and corporate governance, taxation,
intellectual property, trust and estate planning.
- Extensive expertise in Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing,
Information Extraction, and Artificial Intelligence techniques for language
processing, understanding and acquisition.
- Expertise in Computer and Network Security including digital payment
systems, digital cash systems, computer privacy and network and software
systems security analysis.
- Proficiency in Spanish for business and personal communications
- Superior abilities in oral and written communications, including
thinking on my feet, public speaking, and speech and presentation writing
- Database Creation, Management & Administration expertise with Oracle,
mSQL, PostgreSQL & miniSQL, using SQL, QBE, embedded Perl, C & Java
- Programming experience: ANSI C, C++, Objective C, Pascal, BASIC, PERL, PHP, Java, X-Windows programming (Motif), SQL, ML & MIPS Assembly
- Extensive Linux Systems Administration Experience
- Excellent mathematics and computer skills
- Great desire to help and teach others
- Eager to learn anything, especially languages, computers and mathematics
COURSE WORK SINCE SUMMER 1996:
Last updated November 19, 2007.